Monday, September 17, 2012

Zesty Veggie Skewers



After stumbling home at 3 am the night before.. Sunday night dinner called for something easy but delicious. I was motivated to do something greek-style since I bought some amazing tzatziki, pita and hummus the day before at a local greek store (Parthenon, anyone!?). Veggie and chicken skewers seemed to be my best option-

These marinated skewers are so crazy delicious, but the marinade is just too easy! I can't believe I am actually posting this on the blog. I am slightly embarrassed.. but it is just too good to keep to myself! My family in Manitoba always makes these veggies when I come to visit- They marinade all day and get soo flavorful! Maybe eventually I will come up with a more healthy version of this marinade, but for now, here it is!!

Jillian

  • 1 zucchini, sliced 1/2" thick
  • 1/2 red onion, quartered and separated
  • 1 red bell pepper, 1-2" cubed
  • 1 green bell pepper, 1-2" cubed
  • 2 cups mushrooms, whole
  • Zesty italian dressing (AH!!)
  • Wooden skewers

Add all veggies to a big bowl or ziploc. Pour in enough dressing to coat thoroughly. Let marinade for at least 2 hours but up to a day! Soak skewers in water for at least 30 minutes to prevent burning, and stack veggies on the skewers. Grill to desired tenderness, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment