Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Grilled Mushroom Tacos (Gluten Free and Vegan)


I think I am suffering from mexican food withdrawal. Options are limited where I live (aka. Taco Bell is my only option). I have been longing for some spicy mexican quinine! These tacos were a perfect dinner following indulging in some chips and gauc! ...all that was missing was a salted cucumber margarita!
- Sarah


Ingredients:
- 3 portobello mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- sprinkle of chilli flakes
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 red pepper
-1 tbsp chopped red onion
- 6 small corn soft tacos
- 4 tbsp salsa
- salt and pepper to taste
- lime wedge

Marinate the mushrooms in olive oil, garlic and chilli flakes. Grill the mushrooms and peppers for about 10 minutes on high heat. Once done, grill the soft tacos for about 20 seconds (too long will make them harden). Assemble the tacos with the remaining ingredients and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment